pink mushroom

December 31, 2009

presents

So as i mentioned earlier, this year i decided that i would make as many christmas gifts as time and my sanity would allow. now that the gifts have all been handed out, here's what i spent my past 1.5 months or so making...

3 pairs of flannel pants for my mom and sisters
flannel lounge pants

i spy bags for natalie (to grow into) and our 2 nieces
i spy bags

2 appliqued photo albums made out of recycled wool sweater scraps for my mom and andy's mom
photo albums

2 oak leaf ornaments also made from recycled wool sweater scraps for our moms
oak leaf ornaments

oak leaf ornaments

Another set of rag quilt letters for our other niece
alphabet letters

a jumper for a niece
2T jumper

a robe for a brother-in-law with long arms (it fit perfectly. whew)
robe

a pug puppet also made out of wool sweater scraps for natalie
Pug Puppet

2 zip pouches for my sisters to match their purses and wallets that i gave them earlier this year
Zip Pouches

3 bomber hats for andy's brothers and dad. wool outer, fleece inner
Bomber hats

this last one wasn't a gift, but I did make it. I saw in Pottery Barn Kids a felt advent calendar that was so super cute, but they wanted a ridiculous amount of money for it, so i thought i'd try to make one similar. It's about 3.5 feet tall! I used nice wool felt so hopefully it'll last until natalie's old like her ma.
felt advent calendar

felt advent calendar

Coming up next are natalie's Christmas dresses. yes, dresses. plural.

4 Comments:

At 31 December, 2009 15:44, Anonymous Andi said...

Wow! You did tons of work! I need some of those flannel pants! I need someone in my family to make all these great things for me. (Will your parents adopt me so you can make me all these gifts, too?) :)

I must know more about these "I Spy" bags! They seem like a great idea for kids! Not that I have any, but some day, I will need these great ideas! :)

 
At 31 December, 2009 17:49, Blogger The Goodfellas said...

jenna, seriously, why are you not in business doing this? the things you make are amazing. and so creative and so professionally done. BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO!!!

 
At 02 January, 2010 21:02, Blogger Abby said...

awesome! once again i am very impressed!

 
At 19 January, 2010 12:33, Anonymous laurie said...

you're amazing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home