pink mushroom

September 26, 2006

Random Thoughts Day

On my way into work this morning, there was a line of 5 Cincinnati police cars going down east 94...so of course people freaked out and I didn't go over 50 the whole way here. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not true that the po-po can only pick-up in their home state? I remember reading that somewhere, and I'm wondering if it really is true.

We did some yardwork on Sunday afternoon, and while attempting to organize the garage, I noticed that our 5 lb bag of birdfood had a hole gnawed in it, and birdfood had spilled out all over the place. Mice! I called Andy over, worried that the mouse was still in the bin, and he dug around a bit. Soon, he took a huge step back and said "I don't think we'll have to worry about THIS mouse eating our birdfood anymore!" There in the corner was a mouse as flat as can be. He had been squashed by the garage door opener! Being the brave soul he is, Andy scooped him up and threw him out. Ick!

We got to spend a total of 15 minutes with our dear friends and parents-to-be Walt & Laura on Saturday morning. It was the best 15 minutes of the day!

Also on Saturday we prepared Hall C at the MPLS Convention Center for an awards ceremony/formal dance. Then at midnight, we got to go back and tear down! Now that was fun...

It's banned books week! Go read some banned books.

House is on tonight! I just hope we're back from the dentist in time to watch it.

Okay, I think that's enough for today....stay tuned for more random thoughts.

1 Comments:

At 13 October, 2006 11:42, Blogger drvono said...

We had the same experience last year, the mice got into the 5lb birdseed in our garage and a bag of planting soil. They piled up the soil and furnished it with treasures from the neighborhood: twigs, trash, even an empty box of Marlboros! They also nested in some vacant flower pots filled with dirt. In the spring, we put the pot outside to plant in, and for some strange reason, sunflowers started growing... the mice had planted them! They're so nice.

That's the nice story. The other story was that when I took my car in for an oil change, the place called me back and asked if I had birdseed in the garage. I said yes. He asked if I'd had mice, and I said yes. He told me that when they checked the air filter, it was full of birdseed, hair, bits of paper... apparently the mice had crawled up and nested in there too! He said it's not the first time he's seen that; mice will nest in there because it's nice and warm.

I really don't mind them being in the garage; they're not particularly destructive, it's amusing to see their antics, and they get some shelter for the winter. But I don't want them nestling in my car, that could be bad for the car AND them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home