pink mushroom

August 14, 2006

Stupid Monday

I've never been a fan of them. This morning I got all ready to go to work, go out to the garage and lo and behold the garage door opener wasn't lit. I push the button to open the door and nothing. Everything was plugged in like it should be, so Andy tripped the breakers. Nothing. We tried manually opening it, by pulling on the cord that "disengages" the opener. Nothing. So we call the number on the unit and they're "not open". We call the repair shop that had a sticker on the garage door. Nothing. Jerks. I get out the phone book and Andy calls the first place listed--they "might" be able to get out there in an hour or 2. Great. I call into work and as I'm talking to my boss, Andy starts yelling "Jenna! Jenna! JENNA!". He figured out that somehow, between 10:00 last night and 7:30 this morning the outlet that the unit was plugged into stopped working. We got an extension cord and re-routed it. We were in business.

Thankfully the rest of my day hasn't been as exciting as the first 1/2 hour was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home