pink mushroom

July 18, 2006

Carried Away

I don't spend as much time in the garden as I should be--weeding it and whatnot becuase whenever I do go out there I get so carried away. Case in point: last night I went out there with the intentions of watering the flowers and pulling a few large weeds. I ended up pulling out many many weeds, dead-heading some of the lilies that are no longer, digging out old leaves that the previous owner used as mulch (note to self: NEVER do this! It's a nightmare to un-do!), dead-heading a few other flowering plants, trimming a couple over-grown bushes, PULLED up entire plants that the previous owner had planted. The ones I speak of were crammed in a small-ish area and just did not have enough room to grow properly. I don't think she realized that plants GROW and just becuause they weren't big when she planted them didn't mean they weren't going to get big. Oh well, I got a lot done and it looks a ton better. Andy also helped me with laying down some new wood chips. Dang it all if I had only taken a before shot! I should have known I'd get out of hand!


I love this photo of Nadia. Andy took it while I was trying to make her smile on Saturday afternoon. She looks so much like her mamma when she smiles.



Okay, just because you asked here's one of her smiling


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home