pink mushroom

May 30, 2006

Hot Hot Heat

For the first time in 4560465446543 years we had a hot Memorial Day weekend. For as long as I can remember (and I DO remember--from 7th to 12th grade we marched in 2 parades every Memorial Day) it's been cold, rainy and windy. What a drastic difference this year was--I think we got up to 97 degrees. Thank God for the man that created air conditioning! Although we thought we'd be tough and not turn the a/c on--Saturday night I got up around 2 and it was 87 in the house. I said "that's it! I'm turning you on!" and I did. And it felt great.

So my big plans for getting lots done around the house on a long weekend were cut short with the heat. We DID go to Home Depot on Saturday morning and got lots of fun stuff! Okay, well a bunch of boring, necessary things, and blue paint for the dining room! Now I just need a free Saturday or Sunday to paint it. The paint matches the fabric I bought wonderfully! I'm excited to see it all come together. Now we just need to decide on a shade of brown for the bedroom and we can start putting that one together as well. fun fun fun!

In other news, my sister bought all seasons of Gilmore Girls and I get them third-hand from my other sister after she watches them. I got seasons 1 & 2 from her Friday night and spent the majority of yesterday relaxing in the cool downstairs watching too much TV. I think all of my dreams last night somehow or another came back to relate to Gilmore Girls. Kinda sad.

2 Comments:

At 01 June, 2006 12:04, Blogger The Goodfellas said...

gilmore girls huh??!
do you watch lost?
trading spouses?
the amazing race?
these are our shows :)

 
At 01 June, 2006 13:48, Blogger Jenna said...

Yep. Gilmore Girls. Gotta problem with that? ;)
Nope, we don't watch any of those shows.
Ours are:
HOUSE
ER

 

Post a Comment

<< Home