pink mushroom

May 18, 2006

working hard...really!

Last night I straightened up the mudroom and now it looks more like a mudroom that a room full of half-emptied boxes. Just need to hang some stuff on the walls and get/make some curtains too. It's kinda bare, but cute.

Last night I also finished planting the annuals that we bought on Monday night. We have tons of flower pots so I got a bunch of petunias, impatients, geraniums and pansies to fill them. Now we get to watch them grow! I can't wait until mid-summer when the vegetables start coming and the flowers are in full bloom. We also have 2 huge peoney bushes that are going to bloom any day now. They've grown probably twice their height since we moved in only 2.5 weeks ago. I'll definitely be taking photos of those since they're one of my faaaaaaaaaaavorite flowers :) Andy is still waiting on his window box of petunias he installed/planted to sprout. Hopefully this nice weather will stick around through the weekend so we can see some of that action--or at least something will be up when Andy returns from his weekend bike trip. Keep your fingers crossed people!

5 Comments:

At 18 May, 2006 15:05, Blogger The Goodfellas said...

where's he biking to?
and what is a mudroom?
:)

 
At 20 May, 2006 22:08, Blogger ningyo said...

I thought I'd post here even though it belongs in one of the threads below.

Good job on all the hard work, it looks lovely! Did you paint the walls too?

Everything looks so breezy and nice. I'm so happy with a little twinge (like lemon in your coke) of jealousy.

 
At 22 May, 2006 10:41, Blogger Jenna said...

Jenny: A mudroom is the little room where you put your shoes when you come in the house! Ours is quite large, since it was a bedroom before the garage was added on.

Thanks Laurie! No, we haven't painted anything yet. Everything was recently done, save the bedroom. I'm going to paint that probably this weekend a chocolate brown. We're also going to paint the dining room. It doesn't need it, but I want it to be a dusty blue shade. I bought new fabric to make new valances out of for that room too.

 
At 23 May, 2006 19:55, Blogger ningyo said...

oh so crafty is you!

Are you going to become an interior decorator?

 
At 24 May, 2006 10:40, Blogger Jenna said...

oh I don't think so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home