pink mushroom

May 9, 2007

She's crazy 'bout those dandelions!

As I was weed wacking (loves it) our insane weeds last night, I knocked down the hugest dandelion I've ever seen in all my lifetimes. This sucker had a trunk of a stem, and at least 5 individual dandelion flowers growing out of the top of it. I brought it into the garage for safe keeping so that I could take a photo of it, because, seriously, I've never seen anything like that before. Andy and I forgot all about it as we rushed in the house just in the nick of time for House. This morning as I was leaving for work I spotted it in the garage and brought it inside, ordering Andy to take a photo of it because it was wilting quickly. I left for work and a while later he sends me the following e-mail, with the photo below attached:

Here's the dandelion you wanted me to take a picture of. Lola helped.

Apparently he left it on the bench in the mudroom and went outside for a bit. When he came back in, it was gone.

She's nuts about these things. We went through the same thing last year too, there's just NO stopping the dandelion snacking. She runs laps in the backyard, chomping the heads of dandelions off as she screams by them. Anyone know of a pet-safe dandelion killer?? Cus we sure could use one, but then of course, we wouldn't be able to grow the worlds-largest dandelions anymore. I think I'm fine with that.

1 Comments:

At 10 May, 2007 01:26, Blogger ningyo said...

how cute! I didn't know dogs ate dandelions.

How'd she fit all giant dandelion in her little belly?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home