pink mushroom

March 30, 2009

accomplishment.

This morning, as I changed natalie out of her nighttime diaper and into a clean one, I felt a great sense of accomplishment at what i was changing her into.

Over the past several weeks i've been working on perfecting the perfect cloth diaper for my little girl. My first couple tries looked something like this:

Not terrible, but not the greatest either. I didn't use anything fancy for the first tries for fear that I'd screw up. Once I felt like I had a good fitting pattern, I decided it was time to cut into th good stuff--organic bamboo velour that I dyed myself. It's so super soft!






So even though i have no idea of how long these suckers will last before they fall apart, I feel a supreme sense of accomplishment. So far, so good. they get the job done.

4 Comments:

At 30 March, 2009 13:04, Blogger The Goodfellas said...

wow jenna!!! that's so impressive! do you sell these? and if so, how much would they cost?

 
At 31 March, 2009 19:28, Blogger jenna said...

no, i'm not selling them. i just don't have the time to right now, unfortunately. but there are a lot of moms out there that do--check out etsy or hyena cart.

are you going to start using cloth?? (do it, do it!!!)

 
At 09 May, 2009 07:57, Blogger dyanna said...

NICE BLOG..

 
At 02 June, 2009 22:00, Blogger Kelli said...

Hi Jenna, I think I may have met you once... I'm a friend of Abby and Jenny's from Platteville.

I was just wondering how these cloth diapers do at absorbing moisture? I think they're awesome and I think it's amazing how easy they are to use (with the velcro, etc.) compared to when we were kids, but just curious how well they work and how they work. If you wouldn't mind responding? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home