pink mushroom

November 2, 2010

play chickens

i finished natalie's play kitchen! my mom found this entertainment unit at a garage sale for $5 back in July.

Photobucket

i sanded it, primed it
Photobucket

painted it, added some doors and bam, a play kitchen!
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



I was planning on making the space next to the sink the stove, but I found this wood stove/oven at savers for $6!
Photobucket

After looking it up online it looks like it was only sold in England and Australia?! It was the wrong colors, so I invested in some "stick-to-anything-primer" and painted the red melamine coated particle board to match the rest of the kitchen. I have since added "burners" to it.

And the black frame under the curtains is going to be a window. I'm going to print out a photo of our backyard and put it in the frame so it looks like you're looking out the window.

It wasn't really my intention, but all told this kitchen cost me like $25!
$5 for the entertainment unit
$6 for the wood stove
$7 for the can of primer
$1 for the faucet handles (new in package at a garage sale!)
$.25 for the towel rack (got it at a garage sale, it was way too long so I cut it down)
$3 for the brackets to hold up the shelf above the sink
$3 for the sink bowl (got it at savers, it's a dog dish!)

everything else I had--the paint was all leftover from my mom, the faucet is scrap material, all the wood for the doors/shelves was found in our garage (leftovers from the chicken coop!), the hinges on the doors, my dad had those, etc....

Since I took these photos we've added a few accessories for natalie's cooking pleasure


3 Comments:

At 03 November, 2010 15:38, Blogger The Goodfellas said...

that is the awesomest little kitchen ever!!!!

 
At 13 November, 2010 23:26, Blogger Rachel Pieh Jones said...

I didn't know you had a blog. Or 2 kids!! I guess I'm a bit behind the times. Fabulous pictures, super cool kitchen, beautiful family. I agree with goodfellas - awesomest kitchen ever!

 
At 30 November, 2010 14:33, Blogger mgorter said...

All I can say is WOW! That's pretty sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home