pink mushroom

January 9, 2006

I had a GREAT weekend!
I really did. On Saturday morning we went to Barnes and Noble to burn some store credit we had from returning a Christmas present. We got Stitch N Bitch and Stitch N Bitch Nation. Two great knitting books for beginners as well as advanced knitters.

I'm just getting back into knitting. I first started my sophomore year of college when I was on the airplane on my way out to New Hampshire. I was sitting next to a lady who was knitting. It was really cool. I decided right then that once I got back home I'd learn. Much to my delight my mom taught me to knit right then and there. Granted, I coudn't do anything fancy, but I did make 2 scarves. I put it all on hold once I went back to school and didn't really pick it up again until now. In the mean time, I did knit yet another scarf which turned out quite nicely.

Anyways, I recently got the desire back to take up knitting again since I discovered that yes, even lame old me can make more than just scarves! I sat down in B&N paging through Stitch N Bitch to pick out my first "real" project. I chose the I-don't-remember-what-it's-called purse for 2 reasons: 1) I'm in dire need for a new purse and can't seem to find one that i like and this one is cute 2) It seemed quite easy for my first non-scarf knitting project.

So from B&N we went on over to Jo-Ann and purchased the correct size "knitting in the round" needles, yarn (I chose a brown one) and handles (they didn't have the ones I initally wanted, so I settled for a different pair. I'll have to see how I like these on the finished purse before I decide if I'll keep them or continue my hunt for the right ones).

We went home and I got started on my purse. By Saturday night I had a good 3 inches done. It was really coming along. Fast forward to last night. I finished knitting and bound it off! Now I can't wait to go home and sew up the bottom, line it and attach the handles! Stay tuned for further updates!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home