pink mushroom

May 14, 2007

In Bloom.

On Saturday we worked on the yard from "sun up til sun down". Okay, maybe not from sun up, but definitely until sun down! We got up bright & early to make it over to the state fairgrounds an hour before (apparently) the largest plant sale in MN opened. We were pleased to see that there were a mere 20 or 30 folks already in line (versus the over 2,000 already in line when Andy had gone the day before). So we hung out in line for an hour until the door opened, and, armed with our maps, lists, grocery cart and wagon, we took off!

$160 later, we had a car full of flowers.

As soon as we got home I went to work on the flower beds around the front sidewalk, and Andy went to working on his shade garden. I dug up the uneven edges, evened it out and installed that black edging stuff that makes a flower bed look like a real flower bed. It looks a million times better. We've come to the conclusion that either there used to be a rock garden in that space, or else someone was "trying" to create "good" drainage by adding slews of rocks, because there seems to be a rock for each granule of dirt. After spending a few hours sifting through the mess and hauling out an excessive amount of extra dirt, I was ready to plant my annuals.

I planted pink impatients, black pansies, those other pansies, and a couple other things that I can't even remember. Andy added mulch after I took these photos, so with just enough water, equal amounts of sun & shade, these puppies should be lookin' good in a few weeks.

Our peonies are about to bloom any day now too. I love spring!!

2 Comments:

At 17 May, 2007 15:51, Blogger ningyo said...

oh the black pansies are so pretty!

 
At 21 May, 2007 13:34, Blogger The Goodfellas said...

that looks so pretty!!

did you get my number? i left a message for you with my number (on andy's phone --- i don't think i have your number either!) :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home