pink mushroom

July 10, 2009

Show & Tell

I've been having a ton of fun with my new sewing machine. I'm bound and determined to get my money's worth out of it, so I have LOTS of stuff to make. Here are some of the things I've made over the past week and a half:


Back row, from left to right: Pajama pants for Natalie which are way too big, so they've moved to the next-biggest sister cousin for now. 3 fleece diaper covers 1 knit diaper cover (knit with Aisha Celia's hand dyed yarn). 3 fitted diapers (one of these I made a few weeks ago, but I stuck it in there to represent the one that I couldn't include because it was in the wash). Purse and wallet for my sister's birthday present, wallet for my other sister to go with a purse I made her a couple months ago. Large PUL lined zipping wet bag to hold wet diapers when we're out, and in the front are 3 more fitted diapers.

Here are some close-ups:






Not pictured are 2 skirts and a dress I made for myself, and a t-shirt for Natalie.
I'm currently working on making an apron, 5 more diapers, a dress, wallet and purse for myself!

2 Comments:

At 13 July, 2009 08:46, Anonymous andi said...

So cute! Did you get a pattern for the wallet? I should find one somewhere. They would make great gifts. I love the shape of the purse, too!

How often do you have to make diapers for Natalie? How quickly does she grow out of them? How many does she have at one time that fit her?

You should post pictures of your skirts, too! I need to give skirt making a try!

 
At 13 July, 2009 17:00, Blogger Abby said...

Holy Cow!!! I am VERY impressed and also jealous! I do not have any time right now to do anything but my grad classes, but when they are over, I would like to be creative again... just like you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home